South Boston Yoga Teacher Trainings
To view our different options, select the link below (some trainings have their own web pages, while the 200hr SBY trainings are described below)
- August 2014 South Boston Yoga Training: 200hr 3 Week Intensive
- 500 Hour Teacher Training w/ Ame Wren and Kevin Courtney
- Wanderlust 200 hour Teacher Training w/ Alex Auder and David Vendetti (at SBY)
- Integrative Aerial Yoga Teacher Training w/ Joanna Keseberg Welch
August 2014: 3-Week Intensive Teacher Training Program in Boston w/ David Vendetti and Todd Skoglund
- July 31 - Aug 23
- Days Off: 8/10, 8/17
- 8-9a Meditation/Chanting
- 9-11a Yoga Class
- 11-12:30p Pose/Adjustment review and discussion
- 12:30-1:45p lunch
- 1:45-5:30p Daily Lesson Plan
- Early Bird Special: $2800 paid IN FULL by June 4th, 2014 EXTENDED
- Reg: $3000; includes *Deposit of $500 and Tuition of $2500
- *deposit is required to hold student's place in the course, the FULL DEPOSIT AND TUITION are due on the first day of the course to participate. See policies below.
- Download Application Form
Whether you're interested in becoming a yoga teacher or just wanting to dive deeper into your own practice and experience of yoga, the South Boston Yoga Teacher Training is a great choice for a fun and intelligent exploration of a modern yoga practice.
This compassionate and intensive training will give you the insight, experience and confidence to teach a powerful class to any level of student. Learn the anatomy and movement of the body in relation to injury and rehabilitation. Learn safe and purposeful sequencing, gentle yet well directed adjustments and verbal cues. Learn to guide the subtle flow of prana, dive into meditative serenity and move from your intuitive and natural self.
This course will teach you how to guide your students through a safe, stable and purposeful yoga class to any level. We will delve into the evolution of modern yoga incorporating anatomy, smart sequencing, fitness and nutrition with classical examination of the sutras, meditation, breathwork (pranayama) and basic yoga philosophy.
With 200 in-class hours plus classes, readings, and practice teaching public community classes, you will be well prepared to teach multiple levels of classes on graduation.
This course is certified with Yoga Alliance for 200hr RYT.
Teacher Training Policies and General Requirements
If a student withdraws from the course before the start date, a refund will be given minus $75 manual printing and processing fee to be withheld by South Boston Yoga. On the start of the first day of the course, all amounts paid to South Boston Yoga are non-refundable, regardless of the amount of the course thereafter attended. Partial refunds for health and personal emergencies are at the discretion of South Boston Yoga.
Attendance to all sessions is mandatory for completion of hours and graduation from the South Boston Yoga Teacher Training. In addition, students will be required to read and summarize selected readings, attend and report on 20 outside yoga classes, and co-teach a public community class with other members of the teacher training. All students will be practice teaching within the training group throughout the course. Participation in group exercises and discussions is also required. Graduation and certification is at the sole discretion of the teachers of this course, regardless of attendance and payment.
500 Hour Teacher Training w/ Ame Wren and Kevin Courtney
Hosted by South Boston Yoga; Directed by Ame Wren & Kevin Courtney; Supporting faculty: Zachery Dacuk, Josh Summers, Chip Hartranft, and Alison Sinatra
This training is for those who have completed a 200-hour teacher training and are interested in diving deeper into the mission and meaning of teaching yoga. This training will be based upon in-depth study of the physical practice, yoga philosophy, and the art of teaching, as well as mentorship and guidance from Ame and Kevin. Applicants to this training must demonstrate an appetite for all the practices of yoga and an interest in translating that content into teaching. Though it is not imperative that applicants are teaching public classes, much of this training will be geared toward cultivating lived teaching experience. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application and more information.
Dates: Fridays 6pm~930pm, Saturdays & Sundays 11am~8pm
- Sept 5-7
- Oct 10-12
- Nov 7-9
- Dec 12-14
- Jan 9-11
- Feb 6-8
- Feb 27-March 1
- March 20-22
- April 3-5
- May 13-17 RETREAT **not at SBY
- June 5-7
**5-day Retreat with Ame, Kevin, and Alison (location TBA, within driving distance of Boston).
Registration: All applications must approved through Boston Yoga School prior to any payments to South Boston Yoga. 10% tuition discount for 200RYT graduates of BYS or SBY programs. Please contact an SBY manager for the discount.
For more details, please visit the following page: 500 Hour Training
For an application, please email: email@example.com
200 Hour Wanderlust Teacher Training at South Boston Yoga
Sept 2014 thru January 2014, 1 week per month.
Hosted by South Boston Yoga; Wanderlust Festival is leading a 200 hour teacher training this fall with Alex Auder of Kula Yoga Project and David Vendetti of South Boston Yoga.
The Wanderlust Teacher Training program is for experienced yogis and genuinely curious practitioners alike. Whether you want to become a yoga teacher or deepen your practice – this is an opportunity for you to join a tight-knit community committed to self-discovery and personal transformation. Inspired by our festival experience, the Wanderlust Teacher Training offers direct, ongoing access to outstanding mentors and guest scholars.
Our modular curriculum is designed to fit your schedule. You may choose to complete the training all at once or take one 50-hour module at a time at our Wanderlust Yoga studios, partner studios or in a striking natural setting before a Wanderlust Festival. Wherever you study, you’ll benefit from our unique digital resources, including pre- and post-training online courses.
The Wanderlust Teacher Training’s core mission is to produce inspiring leaders with strong teaching skills. We don’t expect everyone who completes our Yoga Alliance certified 200-hour training to become a teacher, but whatever your path, our training will guide you toward your true north.
For more information, see the full Wanderlust Training Details
Integrative Aerial Yoga Teacher Training w/ Joanna Keseberg Welch
- September 20th and 21st
- October 11th and 12th
- November 8th, 9th, 22nd, and 23rd
- Saturdays 11am-5pm
- Sundays 9am-5pm
- Cost: $1000. Qualifies for 52 CEUs (continuing education hours) for RYTs.
Integrative Aerial Yoga is a playful, energizing practice that leaves you feeling deeply relaxed, lengthened, integrated and free! This holistic system incorporates vinyasa yoga, aerial circus conditioning, functional movement, and principles of Structural Integration to enhance breath, freedom of movement, and balance on and off the mat. Using a low-hanging fabric swing, IAY supports intentional and efficient movement through space, giving rise to greater kinesthetic awareness and greater freedom of body and mind. Grounded in yoga flows that improve everyday posture and body mechanics, IAY uses instability to access the body's own organic alignment. Build heat, strength and flexibility to challenge the entire mindbody naturally, functionally, and playfully!
In the workshop you will learn:
- Safe and supportive sequencing for aerial yoga
- To customize a class flow to suit your personal teaching style (from vigorous to restorative) and the needs of your students
- Functional anatomy of crucial regions for aerial yoga and how they relate to the rest of the body
- To design a class to help support and reawaken natural human movement
- How and when to target specific tissues effectively and appropriately through movement: from muscle and fascial continuities to neurovascular structures
- How to physically spot students through inversions and more challenging poses, both to assist poses and to safely allow students to push their own boundaries
Goals for Completion of the Training:
- Complete preparation to teach a basic, all-levels Integrative Aerial Yoga class
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles behind the system, and how to integrate your own prior training, background, and expertise
- Learn to up level and down level each pose safely and effectively
- Techniques to develop intelligent, creative and appropriately challenging new sequences
***It is encouraged that you take at least two regular Aerial Yoga classes at South Boston Yoga prior to the start of the training.***